Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Mom, Part I



This is a photo of my mom in 1964. I love this photo.
I don't know the story behind it. I don't know where she was or what she was doing. She's holding my oldest brother when he was just over a year old.
She looks a little sad, maybe irritated that someone was trying to take her picture. But I'm sure she was gracious about it. She always tries to accomodate people, even if it means doing something she doesn't want to do.
My mom is my best friend.
___________________________________________________________
P.S. I guess sometimes all you have to do is ask:
From: Mom
To: Tony
Sent: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: photo
I can tell you that is was made in front of the duplex we lived in at 411 Root Street,Killeen,Texas.And I can tell you I think we had just returned from downtown Killeen where there was a 5 and dime store [dont recall the name of the store]that Janet,David and I went to sometimes.There was a snack place in the store and we would go get a hamburger there[occasionally][highlight of the month,for us]!!!!!!Does this help? Hope you are having a good day.Keep sweet cause I LOVE YOU. ''Maw''
----- Original Message -----
From: Tony
To: Mom
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:55 AM
Subject: photo
Hey Maw,
Could you tell me a little about that photo I have of you where you're holding David and you're looking off away from the camera (the one I showed you Sunday)? Hope you're having a good day.
Love you lots, Tony

No comments:


About Me

I'm a 36 year old gay man from Central Arkansas. I'm living in a self-created fog that keeps me safe and comfy.